So… you’re a new parent and have no idea what to do. Don’t worry. We’re glad you’re here! This is a checklist of all you’ll need now that you’re a new parent.
Before we get started, remember: breathe in, breathe out, and sleep as much as you can now before baby arrives 🙃😴
1. Take Parenting Classes
Believe it or not, there are professionals out there that teach you all of the basics of Baby 101. They can teach you about childcare, discipline, what to and not-to-do, etc. Look on the internet (especially Groupon) for local deals on classes to save extra $$$. Trust us, you’ll want it when baby comes.
2. Buy the essentials
Here’s a list of all the essentials you’ll need:
- Car Seat & Baby Neck Brace (DON’T FORGET THE NECK BRACE!)
- Bassinet Crib & Sheets (Don’t forget the sheets!)
- Breast Pump (You’ll want to get an electric one!)
- Bottles (Get plenty- you’ll thank yourself later for not having to do a million dishes while caring for a newborn!)
- Swaddling Blankets (Your new best friend.)
- Diaper Bag (The roomier the better, so you can fit all of your stuff as well! Meet your new purse.)
3. Assemble the essentials BEFORE the baby comes.
Nothing would be worse than having all you need but it not being ready. Can you imagine having a crib but not building it until after the baby comes? Save yourself the stress, time, and energy and build everything you need to BEFORE the baby comes!